Guide to Video Poker
If poker but with no other players involved is your thing, video poker is the game for you! It's exciting, and it has a feel like no other casino game, plus involves actual skills and odds calculations, so spending some time to study how to play video poker is so worth it.
And we're here to help.
On this page, you can find answers to any and all of your video poker-related questions:
- Video poker rules
- Strategy tips to improve your video poker skills
- Advice for calculating video poker odds
- Explanations of how to choose the best video poker machine
- The best casinos to play a variety of video poker games online
Read up, improve your video poker skills, practice video poker for free in demo mode, then pick one of the best casinos out there with huge video poker variety and enjoy the game!
Top 5 Online Casinos to Play Video Poker
These online casinos offer the biggest variety of the best video poker games.
|Room||Bonus||Rating||Get the Offer|
| Get 100% up to $500 |
Valid on ALL the games on the site!
|Your largest deposit/transfer (minimum $10) in the seven days prior to claiming the offer will qualify for a 100% matched bonus, up to a maximum of $500.|
|Get 100% up to $300||8/10||Play|
|Must be 21 or older to gamble. Valid within the State of New Jersey only.|
|*Rules apply. Must be 21+ located in NJ. Minimum Deposit: $10. Minimum Wager: USD 0.01 (one cent). Any withdrawals during the 7 days, or before depositing, would automatically exclude the player from taking part in this promotion.|
| Get $10 |
FREE No Deposit Bonus
|This promotion is available to individuals aged 21 years and over who have registered as customers on nj.unibet.com and are physically located within the state of New Jersey. Enter the bonus code UBCASINO10 when you register. Deposit and enter code UBCASINO500. In the occasion that the event on which the bet is placed is canceled, any bonus and associated winnings will be forfeited. Unibet reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion or part of this promotion at any time without notice. General T&C apply.|
Why Play Video Poker
✅ Video Poker is very unique. It's the only popular card game that you play on a machine. Plus, the looks of it are so authentic you will never mistake it for anything else.
✅ You can calculate video poker odds. It's not all about luck! Your skill matters, and if you put in the effort and know how to play your cards right, your effort will pay off.
✅ Pay table matters. Understanding pay tables in video poker is key to seeing how much you can win, so you always know what to expect.
✅ Video Poker has huge RTP. The return to player rate in video poker usually ranges between 97-99%.
10 terms every video poker player should know
- Pay table - a table indicating the size of your wins after you get a certain hand. The value is expressed in coins.
- Coins - that's what you see in your pay table in terms of how it is divided. The worth of one coin is determined by the denomination of the machine.
- Denomination - an indication of how much one coin is worth for a specific video poker machine.
- Draw - after your initial hand is dealt, you can choose any cards you want and draw new ones instead of them to get your final hand. It can be done only once.
- Wild - a card that can count as any other card in order to improve your chances of getting a winning hand. A wild is only present in certain kinds of video poker, such as "Deuces Wild".
- Royal Flush - it means the exact same thing as in poker, which is a five-card hand, from 10 to Ace of hearts. This is what every video poker player wants to see on their screen.
- RTP - return to player rate, expressed in percentage.
- Progressive video poker - some video poker variations have a progressive jackpot that comes with it. In some versions of video poker, you can swipe that huge win by getting a royal flush, but more often there other conditions if you want to qualify for the jackpot.
- Multi-hand video poker - some video poker machines will allow you to play several hands at once, which can be even more exciting.
- Hold - while you can choose to discard some of the cards from your initial hand, you can also choose to hold some or all of them if you like the hand from the very beginning.